Topic

fixing silnyl in the field – repackaging silnet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) fixing silnyl in the field – repackaging silnet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

I guess you have all thought of this as well….but much of our gear (unless you are 100% cuben) contains silnyl which you cannot fix with duct tape

I was thinking about taking a small amount of silnet (or just sil caulk) but the tubes are pretty big (i dont foresee huge amounts being used)

anybody try to repack this? maybe a straw style…? I guess the main concern is it might cure in there
    M

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I just scavanged the tube of Silnet out of a Gear Aid Sil-Fix repair kit. It's a 0.25 ounce tube…

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

The clear silnylon tape is my first choice for silnylon repair in the field. I've never needed it, but keep a few square L's in my repair kit just in case.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Tenancious Tape isn't ideal for silnylon. It may stick, but probably not well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools