Topic

Black Diamond One Shot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Black Diamond One Shot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Since the original thread is about favorite items and not about assessing specific gear I decided to ship the thread about the BD OneShot over here. Let me put my question to Brett here again:

"Brett, given Ben's reply about the Epic fabric on the BD tents, I'm very curious why you chose to go with the Hilight. I have been very seriously considering either a Hilight or a OneShot for my alpine walks, but the heavy torrential rains of the mountains here really makes me have a lot of second thoughts. I really don't want to be spending that kind of money and then find that I can't use the tent here (though this summer I will be doing some long walking in either SE Australia or perhaps Spain or Italy, where it's dry). Did you order the vestibule, too? Why didn't you go for something like the Espace Solo or Espace Gore-tex tents from Kamoshika Sports? If the rain performance really is as worrisome as others have pointed out, aren't you worried about getting inundated in the Alps?"

Michael B

@mbenvenuto

Locale: Vermont

Since I am also interested in the hilight, let me bump this back up. My question is how far down does the window on the door of the oneshot/hilight unzip? I can't find a picture that shows the door clearly, but it looks to only unzip at most the top third of the door. The attractive aspect of the lighthouse would be the ability to unzip the door to the ground, but leaving the net up for bug protection on a nice day.

thanks for any info.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Check out one of the OneShot Reviews on BackpackGearTest.org.

There are several pics there and some text comments by the Reviewer about your question. The screen in the door is about the same size as the rear wall's screen window according to the Reviewer.

Hope this helps.

Michael B

@mbenvenuto

Locale: Vermont

Thanks. That review wasn't up last week when I looked, but does give some more (discouraging) details. I think that is a deal breaker for me for the hilight/oneshot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools