Topic

Small NeoAir Xlite…actual weight?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Small NeoAir Xlite…actual weight?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

Thermarest says 8 oz. What have you folks been finding…w/o the sack and repair kit?

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

My example of the small xlite weighs 216.4g for the pad alone, the stuff sack weighs 12.5g, and the repair kit comes in at 11.0g. That translates to 7.63oz, 0.44oz, and 0.38oz, respectively, so a little bit under 8.5oz for the whole thing.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks, Joseph. It's always nice when the product is lighter than the catalog specs. This could be my new pad! ….or used if I could find one someone didn't want.

Tom Lyons

@towaly

Locale: Smoky Mtns.

There are many user comments about the short NeoAir pads being somewhat too thick and there is a "drop-off" to the leg area which can be a deal-breaker for some people.
    Also, there are comments about the user being "pitched off" the pad during tossing and turning.

So, I'd recommend a demo of a friend's short NeoAir, or something like that.
    Some people have bought the short, liking the light weight, but could not overcome the drop-off at the legs, and ended up getting the regular pad afterwards.

No doubt it is very light, and that's great, as long as you can sleep well on it.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

7.65 oz for mine. I have no problem with the drop off since I use my pack under my lower legs, but I could see how a larger person could find it like ice skating on top of a barrel.

Curry
    BPL Member

@veganaloha

Locale: USA

rusty.

Check out the GS, there are two of them listed there now.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks, Susan! That was really nice of you. Unfortunately, I was too late. I should probably sleep on my regular length Neoair with my legs hanging off first to see if I like it …that or get a real job and just buy a new one! Nah, that job gettn' is crazy talk…

Thanks also to Tom and Jhaura for their posts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools