Topic

Komperdell Featherlight Carbon Trekking Pole REVIEW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Komperdell Featherlight Carbon Trekking Pole REVIEW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Carol-Admin Crooker

@carol-admin

Geoffrey Baum

@geoffreybaum

Carol–Do you know where these poles may be purchased?

Randy Brissey
    BPL Member

@rbrissey

Locale: Redondo Beach, CA

The Featherlite poles are for sale at

ProLite Gear

Randy

joseph daluz

@jfdiberian

Locale: Columbia River Gorge

Similar in construction to these, my 3-section made-by-Komperdell poles broke gruesomely not only once but twice, and I'm not talking about breaks at the articulation points, they were mid-shaft. However, the good folks at REI refunded me my money twice.

Eric Chilton

@echilton

Locale: U.S. Southwest

Does anyone know of another source besides ProLite Gear? I did a search and couldn't find any other sellers.

ProLite only sells sizes ranging from 110cm to 125cm. I emailed to inquire about getting the 135cm, and they said they couldn't/wouldn't order them for me.

That's kind of a bummer for anyone over, what, 6 feet tall?

Eric Eaton

@ericeaton

Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yo3vcj

Good luck,

Eric

Eric Chilton

@echilton

Locale: U.S. Southwest

Thanks for that, Eric, but that link is to a different product than the one reviewed above. It's a "Nordic" pole with a different tip and a glove-style handle.

The Komperdell website likewise doesn't show the model Carol reviewed…. The "Carbon Steel" model in their Alpine lineup looks closest, but it's got a steel sleeve at the end.

Anyone have any other ideas about where to find one? Carol?

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

I went and ordered these poles from Prolite based on the glowing recommendation. The purchase price was $116. I excitedly opened the box last night and found only one pole inside. Am I wrong in assuming that Carol's review cited around $100 for a pair of poles? I also have an email inquiry into Prolite to see if they accidentally left one pole out. I'll let you know what they say.

Update: Prolite customer service responded that they made an error and will ship me the other pole ASAP. That's a relief!

Dave T

@davet

Daniel Springmann

@dmspringmann

Sierra Trading Post has these poles in125, 130, and 135cm lengths! Great prices, too.

http://tinyurl.com/2osxu7

peter kvamme

@karacolor

Locale: midwest

What is the difference between poles for men and poles for women? The STP link is for the womens version…

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

steel tips…not carbide? handle probably shorter for women?

Daniel Springmann

@dmspringmann

I picked up a set of 125cm poles from STP. Yes, the description says they are women's poles. But after receiving them, I can't find anyting women specific about them. The poles say "kompderdell carbon featherlite the purest form of carbon". The tip looks like carbide. I can't tell if the grip is sized smaller for women. I'd have to compare with other poles at REI or another outdoors store. I am using them for snowshoeing and am happy with them so far.

Dave T

@davet

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools