Topic

What should I do with cuben scraps?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear What should I do with cuben scraps?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

I bought some cuben pieces from Oware recently to take a groundcloth and rain cape, but now I'm
    rethinking it.

I've got two pieces of .74 cuben 15 inches tapering to 6 by 110 inches long. It looks like it would make a perfect groundsheet with the seam down the middle, but it seems that the .74 won't last too long.

Then I've got a piece 27" by 54".

What do i make???

James Reilly
    Spectator

@zippymorocco

Locale: Montana

the 27" x 54" would be perfect for a rain kilt. In fact I tried to buy that very piece but was too slow. The other piece could be used for stuff sacks.

If you want to part with either of those I would be interested.

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

If you do any hammocking then you could make some snake skins out of the "15/6 by 110" pieces. http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearHammockTubes.html

I'm looking to make some snake skins in the near future (sewing machine is in the shop) and currently I only have mesh material to make one for my tarp. (Most people who use snake skins use mesh for the tarp so it can dry out and silnylon for the hammock so it stays dry but I would expect cuben to work well too

Anyway, if you don't hammock I'd consider buying the completed snake skins or even just the material and a few feet of tape from you.

For the 27×54 you could probably make a small pack out of it or some stuff sacks.

-Jordan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools