Topic

3L Pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 3L Pot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Herman
    BPL Member

@hre814

Locale: Alaska

Looking for suggestions for the lightest option for a 3L or so pot. Family of 5 (6 with 1 year old) family, so multiple fills and boils of the 1.9L Evernew Ti pot is getting old. We just boil water in it, and don't eat out of it.

Thanks!

b willi jones
    BPL Member

@mrjones

Locale: best place in the world !?

ECA-425 2600ml
    ECA-428 4000ml

have you checked out these from evernew? part of the titanium non stick range, either side of 3L… but

i like the look of the handles on the 2600ml

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

Open country has a 4L aluminum pot. I've owned one for almost 20 years. Its charred and blackened (great on the fire!), dented, ugly but still in top working order. My buddies and I used this pot all over the West, now its for family camping. Its lighter than listed spec but I can't recall weight.

http://www.rei.com/product/401068/open-country-4-quart-pot-with-lid

Herman
    BPL Member

@hre814

Locale: Alaska

I like the open country idea. Very cheap and probably an ounce heavier than the evernew Ti one. I have a hard time spending $100+ on a pot to boil water. We'll see how this one stands up to abuse.

Thanks for the idea!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

If the specs are correct, it is about 1 ounce heavier…
    Thin aluminium does dent easily but for boiling water who cares?
    Franco

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

Have you thought about carrying two stoves and two pots? When the group gets to be 4 or more, that's when I start thinking about a larger kitchen. One giant pot will take a long time to boil, while two stoves with two smaller pots will be much faster. This option makes more sense if you are cooking different things, rather then just boiling water for freezer bag cooking, but the faster speed might be useful.

Daniel Lee
    BPL Member

@scoutbuff

Locale: Colorado

I took 9 Scouts on an 80-mile trek this summer with two pots, both Open Country aluminum. One was a very old 6-qt and one a new 4-qt… Check out http://www.opencountrycampware.com/products/CAMPING-EQUIPMENT/Pots-and-Kettles/ for the 4-qt. Pre-blackened and $12.95… hard to beat. We also used pot cozies from relectix material to improve our fuel efficiency. Hope this helps…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools