Topic

Sugoi brand “Wallaroo” merino pieces

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Sugoi brand “Wallaroo” merino pieces

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

REI Outlet has a lot of deeply discounted (75% off list prices) clothing through today.

I found various merino pieces — short-sleeve T-shirts, long-sleeved tops, quarter-zips — in Sugoi "Wallaroo" 170 and 210 weights, in men's and women's. All in the $20 range. A good selection of sizes still available as of an hour ago.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Yeah, definitely some decent looking deals. I'll see if I can get a link working (well, I'm clearly no html wizard, so copy and paste the link below):

http://www.rei.com/outlet/search?query=sugoi&jxFabric%20type=Wool+%2F+wool+blend&hist=query%2Csugoi%5EjxFabric+type%2CWool+%2F+wool+blend

$17 for a merino wool t-shirt is pretty great price, and the bike jerseys look pretty nice, too.

oliver hulland
    Spectator

@oli_h

For $17 I'd take a chance at most places. That it's from REI makes it a no-brainer. I ordered 2 to my local store, and if they don't fit it's an easy return.

— oliver

Mark Andrews

@buldogge

Locale: Midwest

Unofortunately, some of the sizes (ie M) are gone. :(

I own a couple of the vintagey cycling jerseys…they're all right…sizing is a little odd (for cycling gear), a little loose/baggy.

I would size down if you want a tight/baselayer fit.

I definitely would have grabbed some of the T's if they had Ms.

Oh well…

-Mark in St. Louis

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

There is a smartwool shirt for 29.98 on steep and cheap right now, only 20 minutes before it goes away. All sizes.

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

Thought I'd update since I don't read/hear much about Sugoi merino layers among backpackers.

I received my order from REI for a 170 long-sleeved crew, 170 short-sleeved crew and 210 long-sleeved zip top. First impression is GREAT. They're 100% merino, really nice fine weave, comfortably stretchy. Construction is top-notch; clean seams, no tags and neat enough to wear to work. Fantastic value for the $22 and $27 I paid for them.

I wore each of the L/S tops to work this past week and like the feel of them better than the Patagonia merino 2/3 and Smartwool baselayer tops I own. No "scratchiness" at all. Can't speak to durability yet.

oliver hulland
    Spectator

@oli_h

I know these are gone now, but color me impressed with my order. I read that i needed to size up as they run small. So I got them in XL as opposed to my usual L and they fit great. I don't know the knit, but they feel much smoother than any other wool shirts I own (Icebreaker/Ibex/Smartwool). And unlike the other brands they have a long tail for us taller guys. For about $15 a pop, I'm happy I picked up a couple.

— oliver

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools