Topic

Steripen Customer Service

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Steripen Customer Service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Wow! Thats, all I can say.

I sent in my email about a bad bulb on an Adventuer Opti. In less than 24 hours I got a note asking for a description of what the gadget was doing. About 12 hours after that, he said to send it in because it sounded like a bad UV bulb.

Great service is great service!

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

Exact same experience here. Mine was brand new.

David Ure

@familyguy

I had a similar issue and sent the pen in. I received a new one about one week later with a testing report on the first one. The first one was not producing optimum levels of UV.

jason quick
    Spectator

@jase

Locale: A tent in my backyard - Melbourne

….same same.

Mine is the older Adventurer, however it stopped working during use…so I sent it back for inspection, and received a new one one week later, no questions asked.

I had a similar experience with my Led lenser H7…I rang the distributor to ask if they sold battery casings, as my daughter accidentally stepped on mine and cracked it. They said to simply send it up to NSW from Melbourne (in Australia)for inspection. 4 days later I had a new, updated version in my hands…very impressive.

I had another similar experience with some skydiving gear.

From all perspectives, whether economic or social, I think the point here is that this sort of service is fast becoming the benchmark. The cost of repair, associated admin, and a hanging reputation is too high nowadays.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

"…The cost of repair, associated admin, and a hanging reputation is too high nowadays."

Yeah, I hope so. So much easier to make a good product and stand by it than to keep avoiding calls/e-mails. 'Corse at their price, they should be able to afford it.

I had one of the older mUV's that worked well till the battery quit charging. The older Journey never had a problem once I realized you had to flip one battery when it wasn't being used. The Solar Charger was a bit of a joke, though…it never even kept up with 1/4 of my usage. Too many trees, too high on the planet, too many valleys, too many cloudy days…it was just never getting enough direct sunlight. The older rechargables were good for about 8-10 uses, then they lost power every time they were in use…8-7-6-5-3 after each charge, then they were gone. Good batteries were the key. 'Corse, that one was left on the trail, somewhere in the High Peaks.

I am still amazed at te customer service. Very fast response…

I could not get to the Post Office today, soo, it will have to wait till I get back from our High Peaks trip (we leave tomorrow and we should be back 11 days later, on a Monday.) I dropped them a line stating that, soo, I hope they still expect it by then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools