Topic

Spinhx Lakes to Longley Pass, Lake Reflection…….SEKI

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Spinhx Lakes to Longley Pass, Lake Reflection…….SEKI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Has anyone hiked up from Roads End towards Avalanche Pass, cross country through the Spinhx lake area over to Big Brewer Lake over to Longley Pass, over to Lake Reflection and back to Cedar Grove? I am in the planning stages for a trip next year.

Elizabeth Tracy
    BPL Member

@mariposa

Locale: Outside

No, but I'm planning that trip this month, probably in the clockwise direction. PM if you are interested in going. In any case, I'll try to post a trip report :)

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I agree, the clockwise direction sounds better.

–B.G.–

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Heya Ken,
    +1 on going clockwise. The Sphinx trail up to Avalanche pass is a vertical granite staircase. Here's a pic of me going down it, which was hard enough. I can't imaging going up.

From ChrisSoloSekiJune2012
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Thanks Chris for the photo. Yeah I have heard going up is tough. Elizabeth I would love to join you. I did read your post in the Trip Announcement section. I think we posted these on the same day. My Vacation for the year has been exhausted so it's a no go. However if you feel inclined, I will doing this trip and will have room for 5.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools