Topic

What to do with two yards of cyellow cuben – ???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear What to do with two yards of cyellow cuben – ???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Karple T
    BPL Member

@ctracyverizon

Locale: Mid-Alantic

I have been pondering this for some time and if it was three yards it would be an easy tarp, but two yards is all I got.

I don't need any rain gear.

I might do this with an additional 2.5 yards of white cuban.

It would measure about 8'5" in front x about 9' length x 6' rear.
    Lot more taping but I have plenty of tape and black cuben for the tie out points.

I could also go for a bivy.

Thoughts –

twotone tarp

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

Make matching backpacks for you and your hiking partner. 1yard each. John Roan has instructions here: http://www.mountainultralight.com/2011/09/make-your-own-cuben-fiber-backpack.html?m=1

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

What do you use for a shelter? It is too small for a standalone tarp, but you could make one heck of a nice porch for your shelter with it.

I have a MLD Monk Tarp in cuben that, if I'm expecting a very rainy outing when I'm taking my Gatewood Cape, I bring along and turn it into a front porch for the Gatewood.

Having a porch like that makes cooking in the rain with a minimalist shelter much nicer.

Rob Daly
    BPL Member

@rdaly-2

Locale: outdoors amap

How thick is it? It would make a unique backpack. You don't see too many yellow cuben baqckpacks.

Karple T
    BPL Member

@ctracyverizon

Locale: Mid-Alantic

It's the .74 oz. so it could be flooring for a net tent or a bivy OR a backpack.

I have a cuben Zimmerbuilt pack though and it fits all my needs.

I have a UL Bivy and I don't use it much.

I could make a bivy/bug net.

I have been playing with some ideas of combining the two.

BivyTent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools