Topic

Gatewood Cape vs ?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gatewood Cape vs ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Richard Cullip
    BPL Member

@richardcullip

Locale: San Diego County

"There is nothing hygenic about carrying a pee bottle around, not to mention its unneccesary."

How old are you, Michael? At my age, a pee bottle is a neccessity ;)

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

At your age you might as well wear Depends.

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Michael:

Common practice (and common sense)is to empty the bottle in the morning and rinse it out several times before packing it up. Mine rides in an outside mesh pocket.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

If you're having hygiene problems with a pee bottle, I suggest peeing in it, not on it.

michael levi

@m-l

You might as well just get up and go outside at that point.

michael levi

@m-l

I can only imagine the conversation when someone asks "And what is that bottle for?". "That's my pee bottle".

"Oh…. Well I gotta go now".

David Adair
    Spectator

@davidadair

Locale: West Dakota

Don't like pee bottles? Now suppose you were to install a small grommet in your single wall tent with a pocket sewed on the inside. Give it a good seam sealing and…viola! you too could be one of the elite few with an ultra light urinal in your tent. geez, I should get one of those vanity patents.

Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

Thread drift!!!!

The toughest man I've ever met, a wild adventurer by the name of Doug Stufflebeam, was a stalwart advocate of the pee bottle, especially in jungle environs. If Doug used it, it can't be wrong!

Personally, I enjoy getting out of the shelter and wandering around for pee breaks. But, as mentioned above, I'm 25, so it's usually only once per night :)

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

You might as well just get up and go outside at that point.

I use one specifically to help prevent fully coming out of sleep.

I can only imagine the conversation when someone asks "And what is that bottle for?". "That's my pee bottle".

I had someone tweaking the bottle hanging off my pack, wondering what it was for until I told him. I bet it's the last time he plays with someone else's bottle, especially when it appears to have a little gatorade left in it.

Curry
    BPL Member

@veganaloha

Locale: USA

Actually, i was just wondering why you fellers couldn't just aim the pee out the shelter instead of using the bottle….

Yeah, I went there. Again.

See what happens when somebody asks about a Gatewood Cape? Who knew? :)

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools