Topic

Nemo Meta 1p pitch tips

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Nemo Meta 1p pitch tips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

I have had my Nemo Meta 1p for about 2 years now but have only had it out for about 15 nights in that period of time. This past weekend I somewhat inadvertently discovered an important contribution to a very solid pitch with this tent. The final key was the back flap. Most pictures show it being staked to the ground, however, this weekend I pitched it by tying it off to my car door handle which is analogous to tying off to a trekking pole. That angle was perfect for achieving a very tight pitch all along that back flap and vastly improving breathability. When you pitch straight to the ground it results much less of an opening for air to pass through and results in the flap being very loose as well.

Nemo Meta 1p pitched to car.

So in summary the keys to a very tight pitch with this tent are

1] Main center trekking pole needs to be raised as high as the tent will allow.
    2] Guy out the ends
    3] Guy out the back flap at an upperward angle to your second trekking pole (or car in my case :)

Jim L
    BPL Member

@bmafg

Another thing I've noted with my Meta 1P is that staking out the ends over a short (+/- 20") pole helps the interior space measurably.

Sorry no pics.

Jim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools