Topic

Splitting a chicken pouch between 2 dinners/ how long does cooked turkey bacon last?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Splitting a chicken pouch between 2 dinners/ how long does cooked turkey bacon last?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

The only packaged chicken I know I can get is in 5 oz cans and 7 oz pouches. 3.5 oz would work fine for me. How quickly will the chicken go bad once you open the pouch? I'd love to be able to bring along 3 pouches for a 6 dinner trip. Hauling 6 cans around both full and empty doesn't appeal to me. Is 24 hours too long? The high temps on the trip will likely be in the mid-70s.

How long does cooked turkey bacon last? I take in on 3 day trips all the time. Will it make it 7 days?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

You don't want to store the chicken once opened. Having said that, 3 packs of 3-ounce cans do exist, they are made by Swanson. Target carries them.
    On weight? You can flatten cans easily with a shoe on. The weight of the cans is better now than they used to be, often no heavier than an empty pouch.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

Thanks Sarah. I'll be near a Target before I leave for my trip so I'll check them out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools