Topic

GoLite Shoes, Scam?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GoLite Shoes, Scam?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy Goodell

@geekguyandy

Locale: New York State

Someone on ebay is selling GoLite shoes with a Buy-It-Now price of $34 + 6.50 shipping. I'd like to try… but it can't be worth the risk. This is too sketchy. Any one know if this is real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-GoLite-Unisex-shoes-many-sizes_W0QQitemZ190090401931QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I would recommend calling/emailing GoLite and see what they say. If scam, GoLite may want to pursue it further.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

The seller has a 100% feedback rating and offers a money back guarantee.
    This has to count for something. I would not consider this a scam at all.

How he got the shoes for less than that price in the first place may count for another thing.

Andy Goodell

@geekguyandy

Locale: New York State

That's what I mean. It's unusual to see someone post several times for a new item for a third of the cost anywhere else. The auctions aren't even for specific sizes. It makes me think they stole the boxes of shoes or something sneaky.

Aaron Bradshaw

@bradshaw

Locale: Alberta

Anyone know where the shoes are manufactured?

I understand the Golite shoes are pretty hi-tech. With any new product offering you are going to get shoes that fail quality assurance checks or don't meet specs. If the manufacturer was on the hook for these costs they may have sold those shoes (without Golite's knowledge) in order to recoup some of their costs. Of course I could be out to lunch.

Either that or someone left the delivery truck doors unlocked.

Aaron

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Well now,
    The guy that bought these for $19.99 just posted on this board that they are the 1st pre-batch made.

Once he found out how much they were worth, he uped it to $60

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools