Topic

Inexpensive wool t-shirts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Inexpensive wool t-shirts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I am looking for a wool t-shirt that isn't $60+ I just can't stand synthetic shirts anymore. Are there any options out there? I want something that looks and feels like a regular t-shirt, something that doesn't scream out "hiker!"

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Locale: West
    Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

mec makes them for a decent price. and look at stoic on backcountry

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Stoic were the best I ever found out there. Good size, they stand up to some wear and a great price. $30 right now.

http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-merino-crew-short-sleeve-mens

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

check costco, they occasionally have cheap merino

also your local discount sporting goods/outlet store … i picked up a nike synth/wool mix LS for 15 smackaroos … there are often name brand gear on clearance

as long as you dont want bankbreaker or other such names, you should be able to find stuff for no more than 20-30$

Dave Ploessel
    Spectator

@mailesdad

I'll second Bretts recco that stoic at backcountry.com is quite nice bang for buck wise… I own a couple of their ss and a ls merino shirt. great fit, super comfy, and durable so far (one season of use)

http://m.backcountry.com/stoic-merino-crew-short-sleeve-mens

the grey one i have tends to show dirt more…. so maybe avoid that color

Scott Ledet

@solarvvind

Just wanted to second the Redram. I've gotten them as cheap as $25 at the Sierra Outlet.

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

For me it's more about where I buy them than brand. I've bought Icebreaker, Stoic and Smartwool all off of Steepandcheap.com for terrific prices. I generally have S&C running in the background all day and so I can keep an eye on the deals going on.

Also- re buying at Costco- carefully read the label. I was in there the other day and they had a bunch of "Merino Wool" shirts that were 5% Merino Wool and the rest was a synthetic blend. That's deceptive.

Michelle A
    BPL Member

@mauhler31

Currently REI has some Icebreaker and Ibex on sale. I have also found some shirts under $40 from Altrec Outlet. A few weeks ago, Backcountry Gear also had Icebreaker on sale.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools