Topic

NW Alpine Eyebright Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) NW Alpine Eyebright Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Coming soon! The NW Alpine Eyebright, "the worlds lightest full featured W/B jacket."

http://nwalpine.com/eyebright-jacket

"The Eyebright Jacket is built from waterproof/breathable non-woven Dyneema® fabric. Unlike other ultralight jackets that will tear at the sight of granite, our fabric provides tear strength and abrasion resistance superior to any other material of it’s weight. The waterproof membrane is one of the most breathable available on the market. With fully taped seams, adjustable cuff tabs, an adjustable helmet-compatible hood, and chest pocket, the Eyebright is the lightest fully featured waterproof/breathable jacket on the market. Simply put, if you need a shell that weighs almost nothing, packs small and can stand up to the abuse of alpine climbing, bring this jacket on your next trip. Available in white, made in the USA."

Not cheap at $475.00 but at 5 oz in size medium it is light.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

But Thom, its not black?

-Tim

Eric Krumland
    BPL Member

@eric_k

Locale: The northwest is the BEST

NWAlpine is Awesome! It is super cool to see a small company produce something that looks superior to most everything else on the market. I would love to see a breathability comparison to neoshell or goretex active shell. Pretty soon dedicated wind shells will be useless. This could be my new climbing jacket. I am excited to give it a try!

Eric

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

I will post a user review after testing one on the trail. I agree it is great to see a small company focused on producing quality (made in America) outdoor clothing.

Tim, yes black would make it perfect!

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

My guess is that the breathability will be in line with the other WPB Cuben jackets we've already seen. That is to say: not good.

But I'm hoping to hear better results from Thom's review. Looks like a better piece than the other cuben rain jackets I've seen.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

my helium weights 6 oz and cost < 100$ on sale … im not saying its all that breathable … but then i usually wear a softshell/windshirt for active use anyways …

it also has a get eaten by a polar bear in it and OR will send a replacement to your heirs warranty ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools