Topic

1st winter in Colorado

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 1st winter in Colorado

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brandon reynolds

@brandonreynolds85

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Alright so I moved to Estes park in march and am getting ready for the winter. Golite's 4 season adrenaline bags are on sale for a crazy price right now. Will that bag be enough for the winter up here?

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

The last few trips in the NM or CO winter high country I've used my Feathered Firends eVent shelled 10 bag. I also have my Stephenson's DAM, I think the pad underneath is almost as important as the bag around you.

I think the Golite bag will be fine, but see if you can wear some clothes inside it just in case.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

estes is quite the base camp. the 4-season bag should be enough. I'd highly recommend the neoair xtherm for a pad if you can find a deal. so light, so warm. i'm in boulder if you wanna hike or scramble sometime.

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

The Golite bag will work. If your worried about fit, they have a permanent store on the mall now if you want to lay in it first.

I'm also in Boulder if you want to go for a hike or need trip ideas.

Enjoy Estes!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools