Topic

Help me find a down jacket!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Help me find a down jacket!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Allen Butts
    BPL Member

@butts0989

Locale: Northern Rockies

Last winter I was getting just a bit too cold in my Montbell U.L. Down Parka, so this winter I am looking to invest in something a bit warmer. I'm really just looking for something that will keep me comfortable down to around 0*F. Here is my criteria:
    -hooded
    -atleast 5oz of 800+ fill
    -extremely water resistant/waterproof
    -preferably under $250
    -under 20oz total weight

The only company that I would like to avoid for this jacket is Western Mountaineering, not because of quality but specifically because their jackets do not fit me very well. All comments, suggestions and advice are welcome!

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

How about the MEC Light Degree Hoodie?

It has more down with the fill power you desire, is a little lighter, and costs less than half your budget. It's probably not extremely water resistant though, and it's definitely not waterproof.

It looks like this is getting updated soon. I think it'll have DWR treated down like the new warmer Degree Jacket.

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

Labor Day sale is going on right now. They may have some of their jackets on sale. Can't beat them for down products, imo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools