Topic

R1 Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) R1 Sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris M
    BPL Member

@kringle

Locale: California

I am looking at purchasing an R1 Hoody in anticipation for the upcoming winter and because I have some insurance money from a fire that will pay for it (but only for the next couple of weeks). I'm not sure of anywhere to try one on around here right now though.

Based on chest size and arm length, I am a perfect fit for the small. However, I have a Cap3 from Patagonia in size Small, and the arms are a little restrictive around my pits. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not this is an issue with the R1?

Appreciate the insight.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

they definitely run slim. i wear a large and the large fits me perfect..(in a body suit kinda way)

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

+1 on slim fit. I have an XL Flash pull-over and it is more of a base layer fit. That might be good as a base layer for better wicking properties, but not like a mid-layer fleece. It would be okay over a silkweight base, but no more.

Check out Power Stretch alternatives too. I like the stuff and you can find a deal here an there. I got a full zip hoodie on an EMS sale for about $60. I have a Marmot Power Stretch vest that makes a perfect mid-season day hike "extra" layer with a windshirt or rain shell.

The R1 and Power Stretch both make great sleep wear for extending the range of your sleeping bag.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Wild Things power stretch is on sale

david richardson
    BPL Member

@drichi

Locale: midwest

I originally ordered a large, which i normally wear in about everything, and sent it back and got an extra large. they do fit tight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools