Topic

Lightheart Duo pictures?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightheart Duo pictures?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Anyone have the Duo and have/ could take pictures of them laying down inside? would love to see the headroom when you're laying down. Also, a picture from the inside of the amount of space you have in the vestibule areas?

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Or even the Solo since the shape is basically the same? mostly want to see how close your face and feet get at the ends

Rafi Harzahav
    Spectator

@rhz10

Locale: SF Bay Area

Jake,

I have a solo. I don't have any pictures of me inside the tent, but I will say that it's quite roomy inside for me (5'10") and my large neo air together with space for all my gear. The netting does not touch my face or, as far as I can tell, my feet–a few inches to spare on each end. A little extra room around your head and your feet can be had by using the additional tie outs. They also make a long version–which seems pretty big.

I will say that since this tent in sil-nylon, it stretches alot in heavy rain and may require re-staking the rain-fly part when wet.

Overall, after becoming proficient at getting a taut pitch, I'm quite happy with the tent and the people running the company are great. If I had to do it again, I'd compare this tent against the (slightly heavier) tarptent stratospire 1 or the long lightheart solo.

Hope that helps. Maybe someone else can chime in with pictures.

rhz

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=49500

My solo shortly after I got it, not me in it but a large NeoAir in it. The pics and text should give you a pretty good idea.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Cool. I may go for the Solo after all. my gf and I are both 5'7-5'8 but she wants to sew her own shelter so she might make us a 2 person Bilgy style tent.

Rob Daly
    BPL Member

@rdaly-2

Locale: outdoors amap

"I may go for the Solo after all. my gf and I are both 5'7-5'8 but she wants to sew her own shelter so she might make us a 2 person Bilgy style tent."

That sounds like a good way to go for you both. The Bilgy is a nice design. Definitely take advantage of your shorter heights to minimize the overall size and weight.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Oh… can you keep the fly part attached and set it up as one piece?

it looks like that is how Hendrick set his up in his video.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Oh… can you keep the fly part attached and set it up as one piece?

It is a one piece shelter, a hybrid – there is not a separate fly.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

OK gotcha.. some pics make it look like it is removed but it was just rolled up along those seams.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools