Topic

Patagonia Houdini or Stoic Wraith

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Patagonia Houdini or Stoic Wraith

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Emil Gazda

@emilio

Locale: Southeast

In case your interested in the outcome.

Got the small in the post. If I was layering a puffy the size would be fine but for intended purposes (running) there is some extra material flapping in the wind. Sleeves are a bit long and the jacket is a also a bit long on my frame. Sleeves are also baggy on me. Not a deal breaker but if there was an XS available in brown (and there wasn't) I would've picked it up instead.

Chad Webster

@blaktee

Locale: Targhee National Forest

Hey Mike,

I would interested to know how you utilize the houdini in the winter. I have a couple ideas how I can use, but would love to hear about your system.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I use it very similarly as I do in other seasons. If I'm moving and a base layer isn't enough, I layer the Houdini over- it blocks wind/precip, but also holds a little heat in; if the base layer and Houdini aren't enough then I add a mid-layer- usually a Cap 4 hoody or R1 vest with the Houdini as the outermost layer

when stopped- I'll add my insulating layer over the top of everything

one thing I'll add- I really think a hood is a necessity on a windshirt, you might not use it a lot, but when you need it, it seems like you really need it

I got caught out in a blizzard about a month ago on a long run and I would have been screwed w/o that hood

Photobucket

it's definitely my most versatile and most used layer that I own :)

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools