Topic

new JMT speed record attempt?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion new JMT speed record attempt?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter Bakwin
    BPL Member

@pbakwin

I've been hearing rumors of an on-going JMT speed record attempt. Does anyone have information? It is frustrating when people go for records and don't let the community know about it in advance. It complicates verification efforts. I assume we'll hear about it if they are successful, but openness is important throughout the process.
    Thanks for any information!
    PB
    http://fastestknowntime.proboards.com/

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Peter,

I caught a few bits of update info on Fbook, but all I could find was the post over at irunfar.com

http://www.irunfar.com/2012/08/gellins-group-attempts-tahoe-rim-trail-fkt.html

Irunfar updated the groups JMT FKT progress on Tuesday, and it seems that the entire group had some snafus and were well off pace for the record.

This is all based off of info I read online, couldn't verify the accuracy of this one bit.

Peter Bakwin
    BPL Member

@pbakwin

Thanks Eugene, but that's TRT, not JMT!

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

Catra Corbett just finished her attempt to break the women's unsupported record for the JMT. She was not successful.

Catra JMT

Curry
    BPL Member

@veganaloha

Locale: USA

I saw Catra in the vacinity of Columbia Finger and she was bookin it! She told me she was probably going to miss the record by 8 hours.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools