Topic

Yana Trekking Poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Yana Trekking Poles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

Anyone have experience with these? I've been using the GG LT4's, which are great, but they aren't compact enough for attaching to my pack when scrambling. The 3 piece yana look like they'd work. Also, anyone know if the handles can be replaced? Would like to put the GG handles on them.

Thanks.

Mark Fowler
    BPL Member

@kramrelwof

Locale: Namadgi

I would assume the foam handles are glued on like the Yana's 2 piece poles. You can cut the foam off and sand down the surface to take a different grip. I had to replacee one after a possum chewed off chunks of the foam one night in a quest for salts. Yana sennt me a replacement and glue no cost which was great customer service (and I am in Australia). I would suggest you try the foam grips before swapping them as I find them very comfortable.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

Still wondering if its possible to use the GG grips on the yana poles. Anyone with experience? Thanks.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

I don't believe you can,I own both poles and the GG poles are fatter than the Ti Goat poles,I think someone posted years ago that it was not possible.

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Anyone used the new 2016 version of these poles? I’m thinking of the two piece version myself, with their straps.

Otherwise I’ll go for Black Diamond Carbon Distance Zs for slightly more weight. But I’m turned off the non-replacable tips on this version of the BDs (grrr).

Thinking I can save a couple of grams a pole by trimming the length on the straps (they look longer than what I use on my current 188gram Alloy poles), and maybe its possible to shorten the length of the lower section to save a bit more weight. I normally set and forget my Al poles to 111cm, but I’m sure I could get away just fine with 110cm. So I don’t need the full length of the Yanas…taking a few cm off each would be no issue for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools