Topic

Goose Creek Loop LCW water report 8/11/12

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Goose Creek Loop LCW water report 8/11/12

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

I guess I'll put this here as it's info for those who may want to do the loop and not a trip report.

Just did most of the Goose Creek Loop counter clockwise (had to bail out to Twin Eagles due to a knee problem) and contrary to the reports from earlier in the year that water sources were in bad shape, they are now pretty good. All the rain we've had has really paid off. All water sources shown on the Nat Geo map were viable. In the spring in LCW, I don't carry any water and use a Steripen to treat water and camel up at each source. That technique would have worked fine on the loop. Although I would have carried water up the Wall out of Refrigerator Gulch due to how strenuous that section is.

It might be because of the expectations of poor water sources but I barely saw anyone. Also I started on Saturday. I passed 2 guys going clock wise descending into RG and then passed 2 camps Sunday morning. But that was it. Very nice.

Also, they are recommending that hikers avoid Lake Park due to all the downed trees.

LPW

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools