Topic

Which sleeping bag to use?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Which sleeping bag to use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Conklin

@oswaldcroaker

I am leaving on a 56 mile hike Aug 13-18 in the High Uintah Wilderness area. I have two sleeping bags and I can't decide which one I should take. The Montbell #0 is a 0-deg rated down bag and weighs 2lbs. 15oz. I can't find an EN rating, but I think the comfort range is around 15-20 degs. My other bag is the Montbell #3. It is a 30-deg bag and weighs 1lb. 9oz. The EN rating is 40 deg comfort, 30 deg lower limit, and 3 deg extreme. I am NOT using a liner, however I am planning to take a set of Thermax thermals. Any suggestions?

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

The #3 for sure! I have the MB SS#3 and use it for the summer months in Colorado camping up to and over 12,000 ft., and it is fine (I am not a particularly warm sleeper, either). The #0 is way overkill, barring a sudden, extreme weather change. I found it pretty comfortable down to 30 degrees.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools