Topic

A folding spork that stays extended when you use it?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) A folding spork that stays extended when you use it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim Anderson

@timbikeswitzerland-com

I've tried three different folding sporks (primus, gsi, vargo), but they all fold when you use them vigorously (and usually mean spilled food). Have any of you had a better experience with another folding spork? I really want a folding one, as I like to keep it in my cook kit.
    takeC@re,
    Tim

Renais A
    BPL Member

@renais

I gave up trying to find a stable folding spork, and found that LMF makes a short spork that fits in my pots (MSR Titan kettle and a small Snow Peak). I'd been hesitant to go this route since I thought it would be too messy eating with the small utensil, but it really is not bad. I have since played with a titanium spork in a Colorado store (don't remember which one) which I thought I could trust, but it was about $40 and I didn't want a folding spork that much. If you are interested, it looked like the spork at http://www.newhiker.com/tools/folding-titanium-spork, but I'm not sure it is exactly the same. What I liked was a firm locking mechanism that I felt was strong enough that I'd bend the utensil before the mechanism would give out.
    Jim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools