Topic

Sept JMT Quilt or Sleeping Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Sept JMT Quilt or Sleeping Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    john devine
    BPL Member

@alpenglow2

Locale: East Coast

Hi. I have a brand new Marmot Helium that I got on sale from REI. I am considering swapping it for a golite 3 season 20 degree quilt. Should save a half pound. I have never used a quilt and I trust Marmots temp ratings more than golites. My trip is 8-20 sept. Thanks for any advice.

John

Katy Anderson

@katyanderson

We usually have a cold snap in September when night time temperatures at the high elevation falls into the teens. I'd go with the Marmot bag.

George Suchand
    BPL Member

@fastnlight

Locale: Southern California

I bought a bunch of stuff from Go-Lite before I new of the other boutique suppliers and almost all of their listed weights were heavier than they listed. Just something to consider.

Ryan Fiske
    BPL Member

@palmeredhackle

I used the Golite 20 quilt on my jmt thru in the end of July this year. Was super warm the whole trip, but temps were quite warm. I'd guess low 40's most nights with a couple nights that we got frosty bags at higher elevation. Depending on how cold you get, you might be fine in the golite with additional layers.

daniel B
    Spectator

@dbogey

Locale: East Coast

I'll be doing part of the Sierra High Route starting mid sept for 8 days and will take my 15degree Marmot. I can open it up like a quilt or zip it all the way up. I'd rather be a little to warm than cold.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools