Topic

Water at Carson-Iceberg

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Water at Carson-Iceberg

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chris Nelson

@nel250

Locale: San Francisco

Hey all

I heard this time of year water can be scarce in Carson-Iceberg?

Thinking of heading out from Clark Fork TR for 2 nights. Any recommendations for a 3 day loop. 5-7 miles a day?

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I just got back from a loop that started at Highlands Lake, Upper Gardner Meadow TH.

It very dry but the streams and springs marked as year round on the topo map were running. Sometimes it was several hours between streams though. Plan accordingly.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Clark Fork will always have water, and we've done a trip that just goes further up that river. Very quiet and peaceful up there, with nice brook trout.

Boulder Lake will have water…

And Disaster and Arnot Creek trails will get you to Highland lakes in about seven miles…Always water at the lakes…

Where else were you thinking of going?

Bill Law
    BPL Member

@williamlaw

Locale: SF Bay Area

I was up there 3 weeks ago. The springs on the Sierra crest between Sonora and Stanislaus peaks were flowing surprisingly well. I'd consider that a good sign for other similar sources in the area.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools