Topic

Katadyn filter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Katadyn filter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Osburn

@earn_my_turns

Locale: New England

My dad and I are taking a trip to the 100 mile wilderness in a few weeks. He is hellbent on bringing his katadyn vario (I belive) filter. He knows it screws directly to a nalgene… The problem is that neither of us carry nalgene in the summer, and don't want to. We both take platypus, I have been to both websites and don't see an adapter. Is there a way that I can rig this connection. Having never seen the filter the only thing I can come up with is connecting a short piece of flexible hose to the filter and a cap that screws onto the platy. Is this possible? OR please tell me I missed the product on the web and point me in the right direciton?

Thanks.

Nick Till

@nickt

Locale: Pacific NW

chop off or remove the nalgene adapter and hold the hose in the bladder.

Tim Cleary

@hempstead

Locale: Lost

Bladders often are Nalgene compatible in terms of the threading for the cap. For example cheap Walmart OR bladder.

Monty E
    BPL Member

@floatingonair

Locale: Northeast
    Chad Webster

@blaktee

Locale: Targhee National Forest

the Vario comes with a hose that you can just put into you platy. you do not have to screw it to anything if you don't want to. in fact you can just hold the vario over your platy and pump the water right into it without the hose or screwing it on. The water goes in the top and filters out the bottom.

-chad

Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Not only do you not need a Nalgene it comes with a great bottle clip. I wish more did.

http://tinyurl.com/7yy8zkv

Jeremy Osburn

@earn_my_turns

Locale: New England

Monty that is an adapter that I knew had to exist. I think we will just go with the simple no weight penalty and hold the hose while filling.

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

Nalgene Cantenes are made of similar material to the Platypus bags, but with a Nalgene wide-mouth threaded top. Comes in three sizes.

http://store.nalgene.com/Cantene-96oz-p/2595-0096.htm

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

If you are using a drink tube with your Platypus then pull off the bite valve and plug it right into the blue connector on the bottom of the Vario.

Platypus to Vario connection

Mike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools