Topic

thermojet stove steel pot holders

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear thermojet stove steel pot holders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robert courson
    BPL Member

@bertcourson

Locale: lake michigan

I have lived in fear of loosing the 2 steel pot holder stakes that hold my .9L Evernew pot up. But I have found that the new orange titanium stakes I bought at this site work better than the original steel stakes! They sort of click into place because of the curve at the end (more stable), are bright orange, very light, and are after all tent stakes. I will no longer fear the loss of the pot holder stakes for this stove as I can get another one from my bag of orange tent stakes.

Robert Burns

@ledcactusyahoo-com

Locale: Cascades / Olympics (WET)

Do the orange stakes bend/melt or get soft, and does the orange burn off? I have both of these items, but I'm a little scared to try that setup :)

robert courson
    BPL Member

@bertcourson

Locale: lake michigan

Hello there:

I have tried three titanium stakes with the stove using 95% ethanol. One bent a bit, but the other two did not bend. The orange burnt off, but was still visible at both ends of the burnt stake. The stakes will be ok to use with my stove.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools