Topic

does a pack cover make sense for dyneema packs?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) does a pack cover make sense for dyneema packs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rafi Harzahav
    Spectator

@rhz10

Locale: SF Bay Area

Hi,

There's a chance of rain this weekend in the Sierras, and I'm wondering if I should take my pack cover in addition to using a liner in my Lowe Alpine Zepton 50. They claim the pack is made from dyneema. I'm fairly confident that the liner will keep my stuff dry. It's excessive weight gain from water absorption that I'd like to avoid. I've seen some old posts where they talk about significant weight gain, but I think the pack fabrics were different.

thanks,

rhz

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Dyneema does not absorb water.

wander lust
    Spectator

@sol

your pack is not only made of dyneema. it contains mostly nylon with a dyneema grid. therefore it will gain some weight due to rain. probably not as much as silnylon does, but it will.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools