Topic

Titanium Rod; Product Ideas

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Titanium Rod; Product Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

Josh, You are easily the most sensitive manufacturer in the world. Also, your grills are too expensive.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Since this thread has already taken a major drift, I thought a tangent wouldn't hurt anything.

I have an old bike rim with stainless steel spokes. I thought I could make a grill using the spokes and some old Aluminum arrow shafts I have laying around.

Could either of you metal guys chime in and let me know if I'm off base trying this sort of thing?

Thank you both in advance for your input,
    Tad

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Locale: Ruta Locura

"Josh, You are easily the most sensitive manufacturer in the world. Also, your grills are too expensive."

Sensitive? thats a new one. Yes, I am sensitive to BS. I tried to help Lawson not make this mistake, but instead he seems to want to rush head long into it. And hurl accusations at me. By all means, buy one of his grills, you have been warned though. As for the price of my grills, people have paid twice that.

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Tad

I'll let Lawson run with that one. I'm just an out of line, sensitive, over priced product peddler, know it all, harasser. So I may not be of any help.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Josh that's not fair- you have to throw me some kind of bone.

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Tad

I will

Josh Leavitt

@j0shleavitt

You know what, I'm sorry for being an a$$hole everybody. Email me and I'll personally provide a 20% discount on any item in stock. Its just ti-rod afterall right? I need to stop drinking, man these whisky soaked afternoons are getting to me. And the problems with my family, and my god dam neighbors dog, which won't stop crapping in my yard, and then, for chrissake, Horshak from welcome back Kotter died today. I mean, I loved the 70s,when real men really backpacked, and they're just fading away. We're all just dust in the wind. Except for my titanium cup from snowpeak, it'll be around a long f'in time. They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. God dam that dog! There he goes again. Where's my pellet guN?

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

j0shleavitt (not me) the other me.

Thats funny :-), I have all kinds of new ideas from that.

I am going to run out of Mr. Obvious awards, everyone knows I'm an A$$ hole. I'm not going to pretent I'm not, like some people.

Nice distraction from the issue at hand though. Everyone look, fire over there > > >

Who bothers wasting the time to pour their whiskey into a cup?

"….Whiskey got no hold on me….left them chains in tennesse….whiskey got no hold on me…….cause heroins the only thing……the only gift the darkness brings……heroins the only thing…" –Steve Earl

That post says more about who wrote it, than it does about me, interesting to say the least. And of course they dont have the cajones to write it under their own name :-)

Anyone want to talk about the actual subject matter, I can run either way…….

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

I'm still waiting for my apology Lawson.

I wont ask "j0sh" for one, cowards that hide behind psuedos, cant be expected to rise to such a level.

So….how 'bout that titanium?

Tyson Marshall
    BPL Member

@sheepngeese

Locale: Ventura County (formerly PNW)

I was going to buy a carbon fiber lid, for my Snowpeak 600, when I read the 20% off post. Hell, I'll buy it anyways.

What a crazy thread.

I wish this whole thread transpired inside of a bar. I'd kick my feet up and order a beer…

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Tyson

;-)

Tyson Marshall
    BPL Member

@sheepngeese

Locale: Ventura County (formerly PNW)

Alone in your basement? Is that because you live in Utah? :) I'd say I'd buy you a beer, next time I'm passing through, but is that legal?

I ordered that carbon fiber lid, btw. Something good came out of J0sh's post.

Peace.

Josh Leavitt

@j0shleavitt

You know, this isn't Lawson, just somebody who thought it would be fun to stoke this absurd thread a little bit. But really, you guys are kicking up a lot of dust in your man-bull square off, and I would bet there are better ways to pass the time (and use this forum).

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

"I would bet there are better ways to pass the time (and use this forum)."

Heed your own advice.

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Tyson

Its sort of legal, but we cant let the Bishop find out :-)

If you ever pass through, I'll buy. Thanks for your order

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

LOL,
    your post sounds like they were written by Ed Abbey.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

So you pop into someone else's thread with a link to something you sell, then he calls you on it, then you try to turn it into an insult and become the aggrieved party and demand an apology? Boo hoo. "Mommy, he said I was peddling in his thread!" "Yes son, that's because you were."

Josh Leavitt
    BPL Member

@joshleavitt

Im just sitting here thinking, with my empty snow peak 900. And your right, I dont deserve an apology, in fact, I should apologize, I'm sorry.

Now, with that out of the way, lets go back to Lawson's origonal post soliciting input about building titanium products. I have already chimed in on that note, anyone else? Lawson? I'll try not to wander off on any tangents, lets keep this on subject :-)

Ethan Fineout

@ethanfineouthotmail-com

Probably a tiny market but I have a few titanium tire levers in my bike repair kit and every time I use them I think "Damn, if this was longer, pointy on one end and had an eyelet I could use it as a tent stake and it would be serving two functions instead of one when I bike camp."

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for another great idea. I am not sure what kind of demand there would be but it would certainly kill two birds with one stone. Let me see if there is a way for me to make a prototype. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again,
    Lawson

Jon Fong
    BPL Member

@jonfong57

Locale: www.flatcatgear.com

I was thinking about all of those people who go to Philmont: make a bag clip. This would be for people who wnat to eat from freeze dried pouches but don't want to share germs. Rehydrate your food the normal way. Mix up the meal and then slide a clip up from the bottom dividing the contents in half. One container / two meals (uh oh, sounds like the start of a bad video). Jon

Dash Miller

@dashy

this was a fun discussion to witness. Anywho… how about a Ti pot stand? Yes it has been done, but new designs are always a good thing.

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools