Topic

Not too expensive August list.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Not too expensive August list.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keith Nordhaus

@keithhn

Locale: California

Been a member for some time, I think posting a gear list is a good place to start. This is for 2 day trips in places like TRT or Lake Basin area hikes. Sometimes gear like fishing supplies are included depending on trip. Also I sometimes do trail work with groups like Fatrac or Sutter Buttes Trail Stewardship were I stay the night on trail or camp sights. Thanks for looking and I really enjoy the information on this site.
    Pack-Golite pinnacle(foam removed) -31oz.(pretty versatile pack not quite as comfortable to me as my Ospry talon however)

Shelter-SMD wild oasis with chord and stakes-16oz.

sleeping bag-(96×48)poncho liner-16 oz. ( I have slept with just this down into the 40's. I'm a warm sleeper. I just have to think about how hot it will be the next day and that keeps me warm. Colder weather I have other choices).

Pad-Big Agnes air core full length-24 oz. -(big heavy comfortable pad that packs small don't like foam much)

Rain gear-Golite poncho tarp-8oz. (multi-use item. Any chance of more weather I take a full set of rain gear)

Stove- msr pocket rocket or a 4 dog bush cooker lite with snow peak 600 mug-8 oz.(?) with fuel or cannister)

spork-1oz.
    water-Platy 3l -6oz?(depends on trip might take a couple liter bottles instead).
    aqua mira tablets- 2oz?(depends on trip).
    Bandanna-1oz?
    first aid kit -4 oz with a few extra's( extra's deal mostly with posoin oak treatment. I just have to look at that stuff and I break out)
    flahlight-petzyl headlamp-3oz.
    mini compass-2oz.(I always take one and never need it. That's how that goes).
    map-2oz?
    tp-3oz.(multi use item:))
    matches and mini-bic-2oz.
    Tooth brush and paste-2oz
    Sunscreen and bug screen-2oz.
    gear repair kit-1oz.

Clothing worn(weight? Function>weight)
    LS nylon white sierra hiking shirt.
    Nylon white sierra hiking pants.
    prescription sunglasses or cheap pair of home depot saftey sunglasses if trail work is involved.
    cosco wool hiking socks
    Cotton boxers(I know there are better options)
    merril moab hikers(might add gators especially when working on steep trails I get pebbles in my shoes)
    Boonie cap

ursa bear bag 9oz.(this depends might take a bag and chord to hang depending on area)

Clothing carried(might vary this is basic list)
    skull cap-1oz.
    extra pair socks-2oz?
    polar max ls turttle neck-7oz.
    under armour bottoms-6oz.?
    Gloves-4oz
    m65 poncho liner-10oz.(I got this free from the goverment a while back)
    So that's my list I get 172 ounces (under 11 pounds base weight in the pack).

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

Look for a little tiny scale that measures in ounces, and maybe up to 5 pounds. Its pretty fun.

Keith Nordhaus

@keithhn

Locale: California

Yes I'm sure that is better than pack on using bathroom scale.lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools