Topic

Wilderness first Aid courses in Michigan

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Wilderness first Aid courses in Michigan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Deleted

Luke H.

@scraps111

Check out the Wilderness Medicine Institutes website. They do wilderness first aid courses all over the country. Here's the link to their course schedule. http://www.nols.edu/portal/wmi/courses/wfa/

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Cheers Luke,

Will check that out now :-)

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

At least in some areas, the American Red Cross will offer one if there's enough demand. You may have to scrounge up a bunch of fellow students.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Thanks Mary :-)

I had a google and there is a course about 20 miles from where I live.

I will shoot them off an email.

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

Hi Steve,
    I'm not sure where in Michigan you are, but someone in the search and rescue community just posted that there are still openings for a wilderness first aid class being held this weekend at the REI in Ann Arbor. Too bad I'm working as I need to take this class for my certification requirements.

Dave

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi David,

Thanks for pointing that course out, that course would have been perfect as I spend bit of time in Ann Arbor (my wife loves the shopping) but I am tied up the next few weekends.

Cheers,

Stephen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools