Topic

Silk T-shirts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Silk T-shirts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

DandyDan has a couple of the old GoLite T-shirts that are about half the weight of typical synthetic shirts. Haven't found anything that is as light until tonight. Was just over at Steve Green's website and found these. Plain colors that should please the fashion police too. http://www.hikelight.com/wintersilks-featherweight-silk-shirts.html

Anybody use these? What do you think?

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I like everything but the price, ouch! I have some silk base layers that I bought at Marshalls a few years back, and only paid $15.00 for the set, top and bottom. To bad they don't always carry them though, haven't been able to find any since, I love silk for layering, never tried it for hiking though. Looks like it would work really well for regulating your body temps. I may have to bite the bullet and try one of these, thanks for the great find.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Those look nice. A little more than I want to pay though. I may have to check out Marshalls and see if I get lucky.

Jane Freeman

@janefree

Locale: Paauilo

I see that these are on sale at the wintersilks website in the long underwear area. Also in v-neck. They are described as unisex. Also in their (not on sale) men's tee area there is a raglan sleeve silk tee that has a long option and also appears to be lightweight but it may require calling their customer service to be more specific.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools