Topic

Do we have a centralized location for ‘starter’ food ideas?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Do we have a centralized location for ‘starter’ food ideas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Scala

@scalawag

Hey guys –

I know this is probably a frustrating topic because there are hundreds of threads on food on this board, but to be honest, I am looking to soak up some recommendations in as little time as possible, without digesting the benefits of dehydration and backpacking gourmet style meals right now. I have the JMT to pack for in the next week, and frankly I'm at a loss for what to pack.

Is there some kind of resource, either here or elsewhere, where I can get ideas for low-weight/high-cal meal options? Something like, "5 oz of PB with 5 oz of Granola = 900 calories" or something like that.

It would be VERY useful to see what other's pack for their JMT trips…

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

While I was never able to do this particular JMT trip, this is essentially what I carry on any longer trip. I just came back from a 5 day trip in the Sierra, and with the exception of more variety/weight (substituting some bars for bread/cheese/tortillas/other stuff), the food list I link to here is my basic template for any longer trip.

http://sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/jmt-2011-food-list-pdf/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools