Topic

good EZ trail foods

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition good EZ trail foods

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Id like to know what peoples FAVORITE EZ foods are .

I guess our standby lunch favorite is Starkist tuna salad (foil pouch) with an extra packet of mayonaise, maybe mustard, on tortillas. Such a good lunch, my son will eat it at home.

( usually have spare pouches in gear closet , when hes hungry he goes and gets it)

Jason Byers
    Spectator

@jasonb

Locale: Western NC

My new favorite trail lunch is Moose Goo on a tortilla shell. You'll have to google it. A friend told me about it and he found the recipe online. The recipe calls for 2 parts honey and corn flour (not corn meal) and 1 part peanut butter. I actually think its better with all equal parts so that's what I do. It's easy because I mix up some and put it on tortilla shells before the hike and put in a ziplock bag. A little goes a long way. I don't like to stop for lunch so I usually just snack all day but this is something I eat that is saved for my "lunch time".

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

nuts and dried fruits… I'm one of those people who really likes GORP

Jason Cravens
    Spectator

@packpack

Locale: Cumberland Plateau

I like to buy a pouch of the instant mashed potatoes (baby reds and garlic), then add REAL bacon bits, southwestern seasoning, and shelf stable Parmesan cheese packs. I mix everything in a zip lock bag beforehand and just add boiling water. Put in my cozy and wait for the goodness.

Jason

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

My new favorite is chopped up tillamook pepperoni stick in either idahoan mashed potatoes or couscous with some olive oil.
    Packit Gourmet's bangers and mash inspired me to make a simpler version.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools