Topic

MYOG Drybag Hauling Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Drybag Hauling Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nolan Colucci

@nolanc

Hey guys, I've been looking at every MYOG pack on this forum for a few months and finally decided to make my own. Not Exactly light weight yet but building this one has given me loads of insight for future models.

Materials:
    500D Black Cordura
    1 Inch Nylon Webbing And 3/4 Inch Nylon Webbing
    Assortment Of Plastic Fasteners
    (All Ordered From The Rain Shed)
    5/8 Inch CCF Pad

pack on meBack PanelGround Lay OutHeightBack PadFrameDaisy ChainsDaisy ChainsWater Bottle 1Water Bottle 2side

Hopefully all of this pictures worked since this is my first post.

Weighs about 3.5 pounds with dry bag, and I think I can shave off a pound and a half with out sacrificing durability to much. Personally I would like a pack that sticks around and Im confident to say this one will.

Cheers, Nolan

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Nolan,
    Excellent job on a heavy duty dry bag hauler if it will do the job and last for years who cares what it weighs. It you did have to shave weight on your next dry bag hauler project.
    Use 3/4" webbing and hardware instead of the large double buckle hip belt use a 1" or 1.5" webbing for the hip belt. Use only the center daisy chain and get rid of the of the side daisy chains. Sew in back pad instead of removable back pad.
    Use 420D ripstop nylon that weighs 7.5oz. instead of the cordura that weighs 8.25oz. per yard. Get rid of the pack stays and use will cut about 0.5 lbs to 1.5 lbs. off the weight of the pack
    Terry

Jeremy Blackston

@jmblackston

Got any patterns for this pack that you care to share?

Nolan Colucci

@nolanc

I could take a picture of my drawn plans for you when I get home.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools