Topic

Parts for Backpacks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Parts for Backpacks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tracy Grounds

@tracygrounds

Locale: Indiana, USA

Here is a source I use to get some of the items needed for making some gear. They seem to be decent priced, and have good service. They aren't US made, but for this type of stuff it seems to be hard to find a place domestic.

And before you ask…no I don't get paid by them for posting, I have nothing to do with the company. I am just passing this on because they have some of the things it took me a while to find.

http://www.plastic-buckle.com/index.aspx

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Very cool link they have hard to find plastic hardware. I liked the looks of the 3/8" triangle "D"rings for cord pack compression system. 3 point adjustable ring to make a simple height adjustment harness for pack shoulder straps. One sided slick clips and other stuff. Kind of one stop plastic heavy duty hardware store.

For ultra light weight and more recent designs of plastic hardware form ITW /Nexus and hard to find the WSR lineloc buckles, lineloc 3 ladder lock, 3/4" waveloc ladder lock for light weight webbing, Apex hardware, The pack hooks system and last but not least 1/2" Beastee D rings. Chris Zimmer has them at his shop plus he's is member of BPL family turned manufacture because of his craftsmanship and design of backpacks..
    Terry

http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/hardware.html

Patrick Smith

@patricksmith234

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools