Topic

Would WPB Cuben be breathable enough for down sleeping bag & clothing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Would WPB Cuben be breathable enough for down sleeping bag & clothing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Deleted

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

Hello,

My answer: Yes

Here is my experience:

Part 1 and Part 2

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Cheers John,

I see your experience is using Cuben rain gear, so you think it would be breathable enough to use on a sleeping bag or down jacket?

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

John has a Cuben quilt and so do a few others including Doug and Nick. I'm sure they'll come along and fill you in on that.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Cheers Warren,

I have seen some non breathable Cuben quilts, I am interested to find out how it would work with the breathable type.

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

Yeah, I read WPB but just moved right along to anything Cuben in my response. Not sure on that one. But I'm in for this thread. Hopefully there's some use of that WPB material in sleep and clothing systems (other than's already been commented on by John anyway).

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Not a problem. I have a rains shell, bivy, and a quilt made of the equivalent 0.33 breathable cuben. I can't comment on the thicker versions because I have limited experience. do it and post some pics!

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Cheers Guys,

I won't be making my mind up until I see how Dwr down works out in field. I am thinking the obvious advantages will be some weight savings and better moisture management.

Have a great weekend,

Stephen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools