Topic

Asthma and Possum Down Garments

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Asthma and Possum Down Garments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Martha Lawhead

@lizarina

I have asthma induced from animal dander. Are the Possum Down Garments allergy free? Anyone with asthma have experience wearing these garments? How did you find your asthma responding?

Thanks

Whit Kincaid

@razor

I ordered a possom down vest on the web directly from New Zealand in early 2002 before BMW offered them. Delt with two different firms by e-mail. They were both very helpful and friendly. I’m sure that they would answer any question you have. Do a serch for possum down on google and you will find their address. I hope that you find that there is no problem, as you will love this material!

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

I requested a company statement on this issue and here was their reply:

“I have checked with our Managing Director and this has never come up before so we have never required a company statement. I can advise that in the two years I have been with Possumdown that I have never had a complaint or negative comment regarding asthma and allergies, other than the odd case of slight skin irritation, however whether this has been due to the Possum content or the Merino wool (or even the 10% nylon) we do not know. I myself have never been able to wear most wool garments, mohair and many fibres but I am pleased to say that I have never had a problem with our Possum/Merino mix.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!