Topic

Long Trail VT thru-hike leaving July 23-24

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Long Trail VT thru-hike leaving July 23-24

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Anyone else going NOBO? i'm planning on 3 weeks but we'll see how things end up speed wise. 15/day sounds doable.

maybe i'll see others up there.

jake

John Quinn
    Spectator

@inspector8598

Locale: Northeast

Jake, I'm planning on a SOBO thru-hike of the LT, but not leaving until September. Looking forward to your trip report. Good luck and enjoy. John

Nick G

@hermesul

Just finished up a SOBO Long Trail Thru Hike, and averaged about 18/day.

If either of you have any questions, let me know.

Carolina Paula

@cpaulaj

Hiking NOBO Killington area to Jonesville 8/11 to 8/19. Am flexible as far as starting locations, but have dog (she's an amazing hiking partner; no behavioral issues; active Australian Cattle Dog) in tow, so will have to end hike before Mansfield. Let me know if interested in joining us for any section of the hike! Carolina

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

Trying to piece together either a NOBO or SOBO section from Maine Junction to the Northern terminus (around 173 miles) to finish it up (did the first section on my A.T thru last year). Planning on around 18 miles / day or more depending on terrain/ weather. Planning for September 12th-22nd. Still in the planning phase – once I get my End-To-End guide to figure out planning I'll know more — but odds are I'll be doing it NOBO. Hope to see some other BPL folks out there !

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Well I started July 22nd and finished August 9th. 18 trail days and 1 zero day.

pictures… in reverse order (or correct order if you're going SOBO haha)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Socjake/Long%20Trail%202012/

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

Thanks again for all the input and advice ! I took 1 travel day (get up there ) and 10 hiking days to get from the Inn at the Long Trail to Journey's End and a walk into North Troy for an amazingly kind trail angel shuttle ride back to my car at Killington. 173 miles in ten days – with my longest day being a 24.8 miler (23 on trail) and my shortest being a 6 mile slack-pack out of the Nye Family B&B to avoid a big rainstorm. What an amazing trail – more challenging than I remember from the southern part of the Long Trail, and I finally got to see a Moose while hiking — I spooked it about 20 feet from me (thought I was going to get charged) and was able to get a photo!

I had a Total Blowout of the Sawyer squeeze bags (BOTH the 1L and the 2L that I brought) within 5 days (super glued them on trail twice )…..Have since purchased an Evernew bag to squeeze with.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Nice job seth.. got my patch and stuff a few weeks ago.

Journal and gear list

http://jakedatc.wordpress.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools