Topic

How bad are the mosquitos in Yosemite and Little Yosemite Valley?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning How bad are the mosquitos in Yosemite and Little Yosemite Valley?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Momii
    Spectator

@danmomii

Locale: Santa Cruz County, CA

Hi Everybody,

I am planning on hiking to Little Yosemite Valley via Glacier Point in week or so and am wondering how bad the mosquitos are there. I plan on carry a head net and some repellant. Thanks.

Dan

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I've been to YV scores of times and passed thru LYV on the way to Half Dome 20 times. I wouldn't bring the headset and only the smallest container of 100% DEET. LYV is very dry and well drained except from the river which has fish in it. So I've never noticed any problem. In YV, in the evening, if not hiking, and you're near a meadow, then use a little DEET.

Dan Momii
    Spectator

@danmomii

Locale: Santa Cruz County, CA

Hi David,

Thanks for the info. I probably will bring a headnet anyway, because I am thinking of camping in or near Echo Valley or Merced Lake.

Dan

joseph peterson

@sparky

Locale: Southern California

Bring the headnet.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Leave the DEET. Take the headnet.

–B.G.–

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools