Topic

medicine

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont medicine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike bievenour

@mrbieven

How do you carry your daily medicine. I am sure you have to show the perscription bottle at check in but do I need to carry 5 different perscription bottles on the trail.

Daniel Lee
    BPL Member

@scoutbuff

Locale: Colorado

Mike-
    REI (as well as many outdoor stores) sell small ziplocs (2×4 or 3×5). This is what I used for my Vitamin M and other meds on the trail…

Carl Zimmerman
    BPL Member

@carlz993

I carried my meds @ Philmont just like Mike states – small zip lock baggies. Usually 2" X 3" size. Been to Philmont 6 times (3 summer & 3 winter) and never once had to show a prescription pill bottle.

ed dzierzak
    BPL Member

@dzierzak

Locale: SE

Just back from a trek and also pack meds in small baggies. Morning and evening meds in separate bags for each day. Had prescription labels for each med, but didn't need them. Doc just looked at the pile of bags and asked if I had enough. My son carried a back-up set.

Mike Kirkpatrick

@mwkirk

Yeah when I did the health check I just had a baggie with all my stuff in there and just showed it. There was just a brief glance and that was about it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools