Topic

Snapped my Iwana!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Snapped my Iwana!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Went with some scouts to Twin Lakes in the Western Sierras and I ended up snapping my Iwana rod fishing in a stream the morning before we left for the lakes! I had just hooked a fish and the rod collapsed all of the sudden. I think it was the third segment that broke. Tenkara USA was great in helping me replace the rod since arriving home, but it was a bit of a buzz kill for the trip. Luckily, a couple others brought light rods and reels that I was able to use. We caught a bunch of trout and had a blast frying them up at the lakes. It was my first time catching and cooking fish while out backpacking and I really enjoyed it. Waiting on a friend for some pictures, but I should be able to post a couple later.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools