Topic

Is anyone home @ Tarptent?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Is anyone home @ Tarptent?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michael Mathisen

@mathix

Locale: Oregon

I have been trying to contact Tarptent via email for the last 3 weeks. Has anyone contacted them lately, or is having the same problem as me?

Mark Roberts

@antibush

Locale: Midwest

I've had the same problem. I think Henry recently moved his business to a new city.

Michael Mathisen

@mathix

I sent my Tarptent Virga in to have a floor installed about a month ago and haven't heard anything since. Thats pretty unusual. There normal response time is like an hour. But if they are still getting situated in a place I can understand the delay. I just hope my tarptent isn't floating around in limbo!

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I do remember hearing that Henry was moving to a new facility awhile back, but I don't know when he was planning on being situated again. I don't think Henry would leave you hanging like that if he could help it.

Adam

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

I traded emails with Henry.

Michael Mathisen

@mathix

Maybe it's my emails that are in limbo?

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Henry / tarptent tends to be extremely responsive. As others have noted Henry has been prepping to move his house and design studio for the last month. A few weeks ago his house was about half boxed up. That's a hard state to be in and still keep on top of everything. I think this is the week that he is moving, but I might be off by a week. To complicate matters, the person who has been helping him with the office is also moving. So things have been a bit crazy. If you haven't heard from him, your mail might have gotten misplaced in the shuffle. It wouldn't hurt to drop him a second message just in case the first got misplaced.

–Mark

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Hi
    Henry is indeed in the middle of transferring the family and business to "slightly" larger premises in Nevada City. Give him some time because this does not happen overnight. The good point is that the weather there might give him some inspiration to design a winter/alpine tent…
    Franco
    Not that Mark's comments needed any validation from me , this was only for the new ones here

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

Hi all,

1,000 apologies for begin AWOL. We moved last week and it was crazy for the weeks prior to the move (and now a week post move). It took several days after arriving to even get communications up and running here–long story involving a large cable conglomerate–and the week-long snow/rain storm here knocked out power a few times. The good news is that the sun is trying to peek out today, there's a foot of snow on the ground, the driveway is plowed, and we're shipping again. I'm working on all the backlogged e-mails/phone calls/repairs/orders etc. and we'll be in much better shape in a few days.

3 weeks 'til Spring!

-H

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Well, that's what I get for stalling on making a date to come over to Redwood City and view the Double Rainbow!!! Now I'll just have to wait till I've paid my money to get one, I guess.

Greyson Howard

@greyhound

Locale: Sierra Nevada

Welcome to the mountains! I lived in Nevada City for about a year, it's a great place!

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Deborah.. there are numerous double rainbows in the bay area. I am sure if you ask nicely, someone around the area would be happy to show their's off to you. Of course, it won't be as good as Henry's guided tour. Alas, I will also miss Henry's presence… but he is in a better place now.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Thanks, Mark. I figured there would be no shortage of them around here if I asked.

OK – who lives closest to San Leandro???? :)

P.S. I am glad to hear that Henry has relocated to such a lovely area…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools