Topic

MyoQuilt Done!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MyoQuilt Done!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hays

@oroambulant

Locale: San Francisco

First quilt completed! My wife has been freezing with a Cat's Meow that weighs 2 lb 14 oz so I thought she should get our first gear project.

Karo step (12/5) using Thruhiker kit with 15 oz 900 fill, Momentum 50. Design includes shoulder flaps. Foot box is floating, only connected by baffles.

Lofts up nicely to 3.5", but with 3" baffles it could use more down or I need to even out the distribution more. We are blown away by the weight to loft ratio of MYOG quilting! Final weight is 1 lb 3.3 oz.

Karo Quilt with Shoulder Flaps

Thanks BPL!

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

Awesome quilt Nathan! I love seeing all these new M50 quilts that people are making. I made mine out of M50 as well, and I think you will love it. Its close to waterproof, and has an amazing feel to it. Just takes a little longer to loft up then some of the other fabrics I've seen and used.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools