Topic

New LiteTrail Odor Proof Bags and Packliners – like NyloFume

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New LiteTrail Odor Proof Bags and Packliners – like NyloFume

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Exciting news! We just received our newest products:

LiteTrail NyloBarrier Odor Proof Bags (12 5/8" w X 24" tall, 0.4 oz) [8" diameter]

and

LiteTrail NyloBarrier Packliners (20" w X 36" tall, 1.0 oz)

This is the same material used in the popular Nylofume bags. For the packliner, we kept the same size as you are used too, and for the OP sack it was sized to fit most bear canisters and sacks.

Available now!

BPL members use code BPL152D for 15% on these two items. $5.00 minimum order. Valid 6/23-6/24.

Cheers,

Jhaura
    LiteTrail.com

Q: So why not just call them Nylofume bags?
    A: Only licensed fumigators can use the Nylofume trademark, so we had to come up with a coy name to confuse you guys :-)

Q: Why does the packliner size (20×36) cost more than the ones sold in the Gear Swap?
    A: When BPL members purchase the bags from fumigators as consumers, the price is lower because (1) fumigators buy in huge quantities (100,000s) and thus get a lower price, (2) BPL members swap individually and don't have all the expenses like a business, and are not for profit in terms of markup, (3) It's not legal for us to buy the similar products from fumigators because as a business, we are not licensed fumigators and cannot sell what we would buy from them. So we have a higher cost on the product because we have them manufactured just for us. The advantage is we can customize sizing and develop future products (like the smaller OP bag above), which fumigators won't ever care to do in terms of backpacking.

Compared to other retail packliners like the 2mm x 20 x 32 uline ($2.50 each) our NyloBarrier are still less expensive and larger/lighter/stronger.

12 5/8" x 24" Odor Proof Bag:

Yes 1000
    Spectator

@mamamia

does it fit 75ltr Gregory Baltoro.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Available now…

@mama mia: That sounds a little too big of a pack to fit the whole length with one bag. However, you could use one packliner for just your insulation items and have it fill just the bottom portion of your pack. Then you could use a second for the top portion of your pack for any other items you want to stay dry.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Today is the last day for the 15% BPL member only coupon on our brand new product – NyloBarrier bags!

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Hey guys, everyone's order has been shipped today. You should have them within 2-3 days for most locations. Thanks alot for the support and checking out what I'm putting together with LiteTrail!

Titanium is in production as we speak, and I'm very excited about one item in particular, which is a complete solid fuel cook system that I've been using for the last 4 years: Ti Pot with Ti Lid 550 mL (short/wide, no handles), Ti Windscreen sized for pot, Ti Ground protection disk and Ti folding wing stove with no bowl (yup, it works great like this). The whole kit fits in the mug with no folding of foil. It's pretty trick. Haven't got to weigh a complete production one, but it is in range of the lightest * complete (non-aluminum foil) * solid fuel system available, if not much lighter. Estimated arrival August 1, 2012.

An order getting ready for shipping:

Order Getting Ready for Shipping

John Arwood
    Spectator

@johnlarwood

Locale: Mountians of East Tennessee

I got my order of LiteTrail NyloBarrier Odor Proof Bags last week, the 12 5/8" w X 24" tall X 8" diameter size. They are a perfect fit in my BV 500 Bear Canister. When hanging my food I use an Outdoor Research 15 Liter Ultralight Dry Sack or a Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil 13 Liter Dry Sack. These NyloBarrier Bags are a very good fit in both of these dry sacks. I think these might just be the ticket and I will no longer have to worry when (not if) the seal on my OPSAK is going to fail!
    Nice product, good price & fast shipping.

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

I just used both sizes of these bags this week on a fly fishing trip. Really like these! In particular the pack liner size. I was a bit rough on the food bag size but it held up well. Hope these are kept in stock in the future

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools