Topic

Wind Rivers Snow Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

I was planning a trip into the Winds the third week of July. However with the mild winter we had this year I'm thinking of bumping it up to the first week of July. We are going in from Big Sandy and doing a loop taking in Texas Pass/Grave Lake/Haily Pass and some possible off route stuff thrown in. Anyone know what the conditions are like? From what I can gather the Winds have had anywhere from 55-70% of normal snow pack this year. I'm guessing the first week of July will be good to go this year.

Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

Here is the info I have been able to scrape together. As near as I can tell from poking around on the web the Winds are over a month ahead of schedule for melting out. Earlier this winter looks like the Winds snow pack was about 70% of average. Also from what I have gathered the snow pack dropped pretty fast this spring and for May it had dropped to around 55-60% of normal. Anyone have any additional or more accurate info?

Joe S
    BPL Member

@threeridges

Call the Great Outdoors Shop in Pinedale. They are good people and should know the scoop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools