Topic

Great deal on Stoic Hadron 850-fill goose downjacket just $55.65 and free shiping

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Great deal on Stoic Hadron 850-fill goose downjacket just $55.65 and free shiping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Michael Tsibelman

@tsibelman

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

Just ordered mine. Thanks for the headsup!

Asher Mullokandov

@ashmanls9

Locale: Northeast US; Santa Barbara, CA

Also, the hooded version of the Hadron is on DoG (in size L or XL) for 62.65:

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/stoic-hadron-down-anorak-mens

Ed Hayes

@ejhayes

Locale: Northwest

Its on discount because the colors (and also style) are hideous :)

Just my two cents opinion.

Michael Tsibelman

@tsibelman

It still warm and light :)

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Yep, my backcountry kit won't win me too many fashion points, but it works well enough. For what it's worth, apparently the green (graze) isn't quite as garish as it looks in the stock photos – it's more of a bright evergreen green/kelly green according to owners. I remember that Konrad had good things to say about the purplish gray color (vintage) as well.

Alan henson

@355spider

Locale: DFW

Thanks ordered mine.

Piney
    BPL Member

@drewjh-2

It's not the prettiest girl at the bar, but Pertex quantum, 850 down and 7.75oz in a size XXL for $55 means I'm keeping it! It's a lot more insulation than my thermawrap vest for the extra 1.25oz, and is 2.25oz lighter than the Montbell inner parka I had.

Robin B
    BPL Member

@robin1970

Thanks for posting. Just ordered a green one $55 free ship. I'm a petite female, ordered men's Med. Could not find any women's or men's small anywhere online close to this price, weight and quality.

Arch Martin
    BPL Member

@sui_iuris

Locale: Southeast

Mediums are sold out in cardigan. I know b/c I ordered the last one…don't hate too hard though, because it's in some flower power green…That's right, ultralight is the new antistyle. This should replace or pair with my down vest nicely. Well done for pointing this out, BPL!

Ross Rozycki

@turtl631

I got a medium Graze (green) cardigan. It's actually quite a bit bigger in the body than I'd like so I'd be happy to sell it or trade for a small if anyone is interested. I'm about 5'10", 155 lbs, 37 chest, 30 waist. Montbell mediums fit me a little more snugly than this. [email protected]

Nathan Washburn
    BPL Member

@nwashburn

Locale: Southeast

Ross, I'm interested; sent you an e-mail.
    Nathan

Matthew Steiger
    Spectator

@txlur

Has anyone purchased the Large size in either hooded or non, and can comment on the fit? 6'1" 180.

Pete Acker
    BPL Member

@pka45

Matthew, I'd think a large would treat you right. I'm 6', 195, and it's got a little room to spare, but the lengths are about perfect.

Steve C

@smit

Locale: sierra nevada

Hi
    I'm 6'2" 170 and the length in sleeves and waist of the hooded version in sz lg that I got fit me well.

Steve

Matthew Steiger
    Spectator

@txlur

Thanks guys. Pulled the trigger.

Jack Elliott

@jackelliott

Locale: Bend, Oregon, USA

… than my 12.5 oz vintage 2004 MEC PrimaLoft synthetic jacket. Sorry, don't have the model name of the MEC jacket. And at $60 it's a great deal. But is it $60 warmer?

(I know the advantages/disadvantages of down v. synthetic, that's not my question.)

Tony Fischer
    Spectator

@adfischer

I am 6' and 190 as well and it fits. I wish it has just a little more room, but I think an XL would be too baggy.

Question for the group. Does a down insulated garment like this keep you warmer when it is snug (not tight) fitting or does it matter? Obviously you dont want to compress the down, but wondering what the best fit is for warmth.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

For warmth, I find that tight closures at the hem, cuffs, and neck make the biggest difference. That's where heat can escape – if your down jacket is too big and air has an easy out, you can get a bellows-like effect – transferring warm air to the environment as you move. So I generally prefer a form fit: big enough that I can avoid compressing insulation when worn with whatever layers I reasonably expect to wear underneath, but not any bigger. Also, larger sizes = more weight, so there's that, too (this is BPL, after all).

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Can one of you guys tell me little about the fit,I wanted to buy one as a gift and the guy it is for is usually a XLT or he has to size up to XXL to get the sleeve length and then the body is baggy.Are the sleeves on these fairly long or normal and I should size up.Thanks!

Jack Elliott

@jackelliott

I went ahead and ordered one. I'll be the guy in the highly-unnatural acid-green color.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

My "purple" one is like a disco throw back :-)

Jack Elliott

@jackelliott

I wonder if '80s purple is warmer than acid green?

;-)

John Taylorson
    Spectator

@heyjt

Locale: SoCal

It's actually Aqua Mira mix green

Jack Elliott

@jackelliott

"It's actually Aqua Mira mix green"

Making it more outdoorsy, then.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools